ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Ride descriptions

Re: Ride descriptions

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Thu, 06 Mar 1997 15:42:19 GMT

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997 08:06:32 -0800, you wrote:

>I am not afraid of "constructive" critisim and I would enjoy hearing
>everyones comments.

>But as we saw last year when one rider got really flamed about a ride
>because she GOT LOST, all hell broke loose. Now as far as we know that =
ride
>is not happening this year.=20

I've been involved in situations like that. A ride a few years ago had
some bad (weather-related) trail conditions; some riders complained, and
ride management was, shall we say, "unsympathetic." The riders
complained to the regional association, who in turn complained to the
ride management. Ride management was offended by this and canceled the
regional sanction on all of their remaining rides for the year. The
whole thing escalated and caused a rift in the association. Everybody
lost.

If people would remember that things don't always go as we wish,
especially when weather and government bureaucracies are involved, and
had some appreciation of the problems faced by ride managers and how
distressed *they* are when "shit happens," there would be a lot less ill
will.

--=20

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net