ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Beet Pulp

Re: Beet Pulp

Diana L. Benson (dbenson@juno.com)
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 19:07:26 PST

My Nappy will stop dead in the trail for hedge apples. I try to prevent
him from eating them - never considered them food (they smell bitter to
me) - but it is nearly impossible!

Diana Benson
Joplin MO

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:56:35 -0800 Rita Al-Shammari
<RALSHAMMAR@hasimons.com> writes:
>All this talk about beets reminds me of my first arabian mare who would
>not walk past a sugar beet in the road without taking a bite out of it.
>For two years I tried to break her of that habit, had major fights with
>her in the middle of roads, etc. Finally gave in, let her take one
bite, she was >happy and away we would go. We lived in eastern Oregon,
so sugar beets >were a popular crop. During late summer, I had to be
careful where we rode, >or she would be taking bites out of 100's of
beets lying along the roadside >having fallen off the trucks.