ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: AERC Hall of Fame

Re: AERC Hall of Fame

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Tue, 04 Mar 1997 19:24:24 GMT

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997 11:54:59 -0400, you wrote:

>I want to take the time to congratulate Lawton Johnson on his induction in
>to the Hall of Fame.

>I my opinion - and I am sure I speak for most Southeast riders (and anyone
>else that knows him) - Lawton Johnson epitomizes the best of the sport of
>endurance riding and his induction into the AERC Hall of Fame is well
>deserved.

Hear, Hear! Lawton is a sportsman to the core and someone I've been privileged
to know.

Lawton is one of those very special people that have been in Endurance longer
than God (it seems), like "Mr. Charles" Long of Mississippi and James Barnett of
Tennessee -- and who never seem to be caught up in controversy, but are always
there with a helping hand for whoever needs one.

Contratulations, Lawton, and well done!

--

Joe Long jlong@mti.net http://www.mti.net Business http://www.rnbw.com Personal