ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Forging & Interfering??

Re: Forging & Interfering??

Duncan Fletcher (dfletche@gte.net)
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 21:26:54 -0800

Interference is the touching of one foot with another foot. It takes a
number of forms. Forging is one of those - more specifically striking the
sole of the front foot with the toe of the hind foot. Over-reaching is
striking the back of the front foot with the toe of the heel - essentially
a more extreme form of forging. Scalping is hitting the hind foot with the
toe of the front. All of the above involve feet on the same side of the
horse. Cross firing is interference with the hind hitting the diaganol
front foot.

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net

> From: APPYS2@aol.com
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: RE: Forging & Interfering??
> Date: Thursday, February 27, 1997 5:32 PM
>
> I just purchased the bood Endurance Riding From Beinning to Winning by
Lew