ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: adventures with duct tape

Re: adventures with duct tape

Susan F. Evans (suendavid@worldnet.att.net)
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 09:36:15 -0800

Stoots, Tish wrote:

> OTHER USES FOR DUCT TAPE
>
> I saw the notes from Barbara Madrill and SandyDSA discussing using duct
> tape on a helmet and it reminded me of a funny thing I saw on a very
> cold and snowy Pawnee Grasslands 100 several years ago. One of the
> riders was freezing so she duct-taped her face, hands and shoes. She
> said it worked! I sure would hate to pull that tape off of my face!
>
> Tish Stoots
> Bozeman, MT

Hi Tish!

Speaking of duct tape---remember my post (My Stupidest Day) a few weeks
ago regarding dumb things I did at Death Valley Encounter years ago,
including making the BIG mistake of riding in a
decorative-rather-than-functional bra? Guess what I used the duct tape
for at lunch to...ummm...shall we say, counteract the effects of gravity
and momentum???? (And YES, you better believe it hurt pulling off...and
to add insult to injury, I tried to remove the remnants of gooey glue
with some rubber cement solvent and had blisters all over
my...ribcage...for the next week!)

Susan