ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Sports Saddles

Re: Sports Saddles

sallijan snyder (sallijan@ix.netcom.com)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 03:29:17 -0600 (CST)

At 21:23 2/23/97 -0800, Katy wrote:
>Today I sat in a Sports Saddle (tree less) and it seemed very
>comfortable. But the real question is? Will this kind of saddle fit a
>high withered horse with a very senstive back. I am just starting in
>endurance and am having a very hard time finding a saddle to fit.

Katy,
I originally got a Sports Saddle to try to please my old, high-withered,
hollow-backed Arab mare. It was the only thing that didn't gall her
withers or rub her spine (as the rear skirt of the Western saddles were
doing). Quiche had withers like the Rock of Gibraltar atop a good set
of shoulders, and this saddle was the answer to my prayers. Nice that
it also works on our Peruvians....

Good padding also helps, and the Skito/Equalizer pad works for me.
BTW, I'm just doing limited distance conditioning right now, can't say
anything for the 50-100s.

-Sallijan

--
Sallijan Snyder			sallijan@ix.netcom.com
San Jose, California, USA	(408) 629-5909