ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Some quick questions

Re: Some quick questions

BP&A (scuba@b022.aone.net.au)
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:37:14 +1000

Andrea Waistell wrote:

> Please could somebody answer these questions.

4) What year did the Quinty (sorry if wrong spelling) start in
Austrialia?

The 32nd QUILTY is being run in NSW this year

> 5) Has it always been 100 miles in one day?

Yes

> 6) How often does it change venue?

It changes venue every year rotating between NSW, South Australia,
Tasmania, Queensland, Western Australia, Victoria in that order. It's
NSW this year.

> 7)What time of year is it run, does it change?

It is always run in June

> 8) When did the ROC start?
>
> 9) Are there any other MAJOR rides in Austrialia?

State Championships are run in each State at different times of year.
There are also several marathons, the best known being the Shahzada
400klm run in NSW in August every year. The Far-a-Way 320klm is run in
Queensland every Easter. There is also the Pioneer Trek 400klm Far
North Queensland and I believe a marathon in Victoria.

The Lonreach to Winton (250klm) is run bi-annually and this year is
being held in July and is also the Queensland State Championships

Anything else you need to know just ask

Anne