ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: shoeing

Re: shoeing

tina hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 13:28:51 -0600

At 06:31 AM 2/14/97 -0800, Niccolai Murphy wrote:
>Tracy Stampke <zebella@idt.net> wrote:
>>I'm curious...what type af 'regular shoeing' do mast of you do?

okay - here's my unabashed plug for equithotics - sometimes referred to as
sneakers for horses. They provide *excellent* traction on pavement, some
extra shock absorption, protection just like the horse was padded but the
sole is not completely covered so none of the other trouble associated with
padding. They don't seem to come off - I think I remember Roger telling me
he's never lost one in 4 years of use. I've used for little less than a year
and no problems either.

The main con to them is that, like easyboots, they are slick in mud/wet grass.

The other con is that they aren't cheap - if $20/pr scared you away then
these may not be for you $45/pr but since I do alot of riding around/on
pavement they are worth it to me.

Lots of folks on the list like and use easyboots either in place of or over
regular steel shoes for many of these same reasons - traction, shock
absorption, etc.

Email me offline if you want more particulars about equithotics.