ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Writing

Re: Writing

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 22:34:04 +0500

THank you Wendy- I too have often read many letters with typos- and I make
my share too...and don't particularly care about those. However, when words
are consistently misspelled it gets rather annoying. I don't think people
are any less intelligent cause they may not know the correct spelling of
some words, but as a former spelling bee champion, and frustrated English
writer and literature lover, it REALLY gets on my nerves sometimes- ITS and
IT'S and ITS' are MY pet peeves... ANd we have ALL speleed horse as HROSE at
one time or another! :)
The way we communicate is of paramount importance-as i find out frequently
when I stick my foot in my mouth! :)
Gwen

At 03:25 PM 2/10/97 MST, you wrote:
>The purpose of this group is communication. Our topic of discussion is
>endurance.
>
>In order to communicate ideas, we must all have a common understanding
>of the language and medium we are using. For most of us, the language
>is U.S. English.
Gwen Dluehosh
Desert Storm Arabians
1156 Hightop Rd, #89