ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Check it out

Re: Check it out

Diana L. Benson (dbenson@juno.com)
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 09:45:22 PST

Joanne -

Intelligent people KNOW what you meant. You KINDLY meant that
communications are more clear and concise with proper spelling (and
grammar AND punctuation) and therefore, LESS likely to be
misinterpreted.

And consider the nature of our posts to this list; many of them affect
the health and well being of our horses. Doesn't THAT make it important
to you list contributors to be as correct as possible? Why would anyone
making the effort to communicate their ideas to others be offended with
constructive criticism? Obviously because they don't want to admit they
are careless in this regard.

By the way, you did NOT misspell offense! Both offence and offense are
correct. Offence is British. And because British English is the parent
of our language, I'd guess "offense" was, at one time, the incorrect
spelling! (My spell checker even accepts it!)

Thank you,
Diana Benson