ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Water Bucket protocol

Re: Water Bucket protocol

Joe Long (jlong@mti.net)
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 19:48:55 GMT

On Mon, 10 Feb 1997 13:21:28 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

> I got a
>witchy letter from her saying she will complain to AERC about crew
>harassemnt of rider if my crew says anything to her again. Am I wrong?
>Don't get me wrong-- I'm all for helping each other. Just don't assume
>it's okay to take what I have set up for my horse.

The horse can't read the name on the bucket, but the rider can! I
always share water at rides, but *NO ONE* has a right to take someone
else's water or feed without permission.

This rider should be reported to ride management. If she continues
this behavior, it should be called to the attention of the AERC,
probably via a Regional Director.

Don't be intimidated by a threat to report your crew for "harassment."
The AERC won't take any action without investigating, and there's no
way you would be cited.

Also, you can keep a small tarp handy, and if you see this rider
approaching your supplies throw the tarp over them.