ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Reins

Re: Reins

Diana L. Benson (dbenson@juno.com)
Sat, 8 Feb 1997 18:10:46 PST

I have a set of the long tailing biothane reins. I cut them in half to
add a brass ring in the center for a rommel (sp). I folded the ends
over at the ring and tightly wrapped them with black electrical tape. Looks fine and doesn't gum up like duct tape. Also, it should break apart
if the horse steps on it. (or I, Heaven forbid, become entangled while
in unplanned dismount! <g>)

Diana Benson

<Sully@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU> writes:
>REPLY TO 02/07/97 23:29 FROM ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Reins
>

>From: VMAXEPT@aol.com
>Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 02:28:05 -0500 (EST)
>To: ridecamp@endurance.net
>Subject: Re: Reins
>
>I had a REAL problem not once but twice.. with biothaine reins.. the
horse
>did step thru them..they were the short reins..since i used a long
tailing
>line vs the reins.. well the head came up the reins pulled under the
>elbow..the leg came up the front came up the horse started to go
over..in a >creek near a pile of rocks and a cement bridge. the reins
had the squeeze >type sanp ends LUCKY I was able to reach up and
release the reins....then >it happended again.. in another ride. i cut
ALL my bio reins in half.. >over-lapped and taped with duct tape.. i can
pull it apart..i will never use a >solid loop rein.. i like bio but it
never breaks..