ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: green brass

Re: green brass

Diana L. Benson (dbenson@juno.com)
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 12:04:45 PST

>MS LOUISE D BURTON wrote:
>> Can someone help in suggesting a way to get all the green and yuk off
the
>> brass hardware on my biothane bridles? They look a mess. Thanks!
>
>During the latest rainstorm, I got out the Dremel (sort of a lightweight
>handheld drill, handy for billions of things) and used the polishing
wheel
>attachment on the buckles and rings with a bit of silver polish---it
shined up >GREAT!!! Also took alot less time and got better results
than trying to scrub >all that gunk off by hand.

Good idea for a super shine on the brass! Couple more thoughts.
Hardward stores carry little buffing wheels that fit on any drill or on
a grinder incase you do not have the Dremel (or Foredom). And when you
get done polishing, coat with clear acrylic. Gradually wears off but
helps keep the shine a long time. Do NOT get fresh acrylic on your
biothane.