ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Completion Certificates

Re: Completion Certificates

Susan F. Evans (suendavid@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 05 Feb 1997 20:16:25 -0800

MS LOUISE D BURTON wrote:

> I HATE ride certificates!!!
> E-Mail Karen in Gardnerville, she has lots of little items she can get for
> 1 or 2 dollars. If you look, you can find neato stuff for $1-2.

I helped with a ride (the Southwest 50 in '88) and Dee and Kathy
Christiansen got a whole bunch of little frames and mats the right size
for a 3 x 5 photo, then had someone take pictures as riders went past a
pretty part of the trail, ran it to the one-hour photo and the
completion awards were a pretty framed photo of you and your horse.
They said it was dirt cheap, just took a little running around on the
day of the ride, and everyone loved it. Personally, I never do anything
with completion certificates, but I'll ALWAYS hang up another picture of
my horse!

Susan