ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: how did you start?

Re: how did you start?

G&J Thom (thomlabs@netbistro.com)
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 08:48:36 -0800

----------
> From: tina hicks <hickst@puzzler.nichols.com>
> To: ridecamp@endurance.net
> Subject: how did you start?
> Date: Wednesday, February 05, 1997 6:47 AM
>
> I'm interested to know - how did most of you get your start in this
sport?
> Was it more of an accident like it was for me (no don't sell that horse -
> he's an Arab and I've always wanted to try endurance.....) or was is more
of
> an educated decision <g>?
> Tina
> Huntsville, AL
> hickst@nichols.com

Tina,

I was not interested in showing horses as I have been showing dogs for over
15 yrs. My
friend encouraged me to take my 16 yr old Arab mare in a endurance ride.
I placed 4th our
of 26 riders and I have been hooked since then. Not sure sometimes if my
husband agrees
as we now have 8 horses.

Julia