ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Everyone falls off once in a while, right?

Re: Everyone falls off once in a while, right?

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Tue, 04 Feb 1997 18:23:02 +0500

My old trainer would have to agree with you! I still remember her rolling on
the ground laughing her head off as my pony dumped me (he was green and so
was I) from a spook , left me on the ground and took off acrooss the field
wiht me pointing and looking rahter clueless I am sure! NEver had ahorse do
that before .... they just don't seem to at the riding academy! :) She
taught me more about Arabs than anyone... except Teddy....
Gwen
At 05:08 PM 2/3/97 -0800, you wrote:

>I have always lived by the old maxim (and imparted it to all learners
>when they encounter their first fall):
>
> "You are not a a real horseman until you can no longer count
> the number of times you have fallen off."
>
>Not because the number gets so big, but because falling off becomes a
>non-event, not even worth counting.
>
>kat
>Orange County, Calif.
>
>(whose horseshoer would like to mount a video camera at my place so he
>could get all my spectacular falls on film)

Gwen Dluehosh
Desert Storm Arabians
1156 Hightop Rd, #89
Blacksburg, VA 24060