ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Knee pads?

Re: Knee pads?

Diana L. Benson (dbenson@juno.com)
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 13:24:47 PST

Hi - I've had some MAJOR knee/tree crashes in the past but never found a
knee pad I could stand to wear while riding distance. Best solution is
to have your horse trained to "bend" around trees keeping a few inches
clear. Also, be aware of your horse's path and the trail at all times.
(Dressage training helps tons) But even with the best trained
horse/rider team, here in the Ozarks, you're gonna hit a tree now and
then!