ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Morgans

Re: Morgans

Reynolds, Nikki (jakar@aiinc.com)
Sun, 02 Feb 1997 06:44:40 -0800

MRS TERESA M FINNERTY wrote:

> Hi, I've been lurking for some time now and enjoying the digest, the
> comments and the bickering is normal for any of the groups on line
> with so many people and differing opinions.
>
> I would like to know about morgans and the pros and cons of the breed,
> l see that the breed of choice seems to be Arabs. I have a coming 6
> yr.old and plan to try endurance with him starting with mileage rides.
> I'm in Ontario, north of Toronto so l have no idea of the region or
> area that you call it.
>
> Thanks, Teresa
> Nanjo Morgans

Hi Teresa,
I don't know about pros and cons, but Jazon Wonders piloted his little
Morgan mare to a win and BC on the final running of the High Desert 55
here in Nevada. That ride was no "walk in the park" and included going
up the side of the Stillwater Mountains in hot, sandy ravines.
I was Hank Cook's ride secretary on that one, and was amazed at the
toughness of that nice little mare. She knew her business and set to
getting it done! She finished in excellent shape despite the extremely
windy conditions. I was afraid to let go of the clipboard to write and
Hank had to yell to be heard above the wind!!
Good Luck!!, Nikki