Re: Why don't we try working togeather

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 22:07:04 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997 barfield@primenet.com wrote:

> I quitely sat through the 'big money' and the 'racing vs finishing' debates(?),
> but this latest 'LD vs the world' is more than I can stand in one month. But,

I too am gettin' a little tired of the flamefest. Some of the particpants,
of which I may be one, I've spoken to in private to great satisfaction,
intercourse-wise (speech kids speech).

There's been some wonderful interaction.

Remember Limited Distance loosely translated means TRAINING RIDES. Be it
for those of us with physical and extemporaneous handicaps, like young
horses and horses returning from tendon injuries.

I feel a little self-conscious when riding a TRAINING RIDE and always
explain my participation to those with whom I'm riding around. That's
lame. Heck, Becky and her co-riders have suffered through it (with me).
Everybody who is well intended knows where they should be. Bad rapping
25-30 milers shouldn't be a topic of conversation.

Those of you, to whom I've addressed in private, and y'all know who you
are, should continue to post to the positive. Sheeze, this should be a
non-issue. I mean I won a B.C. for a 25 miler, retraining an old gelding
who'd been oft injuried, didn't pick up or participate in the award and
felt great that I'd done the right thing. Silence is golden... 'nuff said!

Hola y'all