Re: IAHA Sweepstakes

RUN4BEAR@aol.com
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 22:34:02 -0500 (EST)

MS LOUISE D BURTON wrote:

> This is what I have NEVER figured out! Why would ANYONE in their right
> mind invest $2500 or $3500 for the chance to win $1000 back? The only
> advantage is if you can find a horse (cheap) already nominated, or breed
> a nominated stallion (it's still going to cost you $300 to nominate the
foal).
> Yes, there have been one or two people who nominated right before the ride
> when they had a very good chance of winning the National Championship
($5000).
> As a stallion owner with a reasonable stud fee ($400) I could never recoup
> the $3500. PLUS, if I wanted FA AL BADI+ to win any money, I'd have to
not
> only nominate him as a breeding entry but as a nominated entry as well!
> Yes, we did win the Regional Championship in 1992....could've won $1000 I
guess...
> Me, I'd rather invest my money in stocks or CDs!!!
> Louise

promote
the Arabian breed. To get more people out there ON Arabians. They were
trying to give people an incentive. As with most things involving money
things got a bit distorted over the years. I enjoy working to try to at
least place top five in CT at regionals on my mare who is sweepstakes
nominated. She's done it five years in a row and won her $250, that
paid for her hay anyway. I'm working on her brother for Endurance, he
likes endurance she likes CT's. Although he has won around $1500 in his
career so far. AS a stallion owner, with a reasonable stud fee, I felt
it worthwhile to spend the money to nominate my stallion. It adds value
to the foal and for a person looking to "make that special horse" why
not have the option of winning some money in that horses lifetime. The
$300 foal nomination is the way to do it. Just an Overview.

Penni S. Collins
Stillwater Spanish Arabians
Kalispell, MT<<<<<<<<<<

Sorry, I want people to breed to my stallion and buy my horses because they
are GOOD, not because they can win money.

Teddy
home of Khalarado+/ 1990 IAHA Nat'l Endurance Champion who produces great
babies with good balance, bone, attitude, go-power, soundness, presence and
the ability to be great endurance horses. "Raider" is not and never will be
Sweepstakes nominated.