Re: IAHA Sweepstakes

Don Collins (stilwateremu@marsweb.com)
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 19:25:31 -0700

SandyDSA@aol.com wrote:

> <<
> This is what I have NEVER figured out! Why would ANYONE in their right
> mind invest $2500 or $3500 for the chance to win $1000 back? The only
> advantage is if you can find a horse (cheap) already nominated, or >>
> OUR point exactly - for the past 10 years! Go girl!
> san

Lets see; if your horse was nominated and you won half the time in the
past ten years, that would be $5,000. Unless it was a gelding, then it
would be 25% more. Or even if you placed top five in regionals half the
time that would be $1625, or top ten, I could go on but the point is
this was meant as an incentive to the Arabian horse owner. Did you know
that now NON- Arabian stallions can be nominated. So you can breed your
Arabian mare to a nominated thoroughbred, paint etc. I beleive IAHA is
just giving us, as horse owners, options.

Penni