FW: endurance riding

Stephanie Teeter (step@fsr.com)
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 17:49:06 -0500

Hi Liz - I'm forwarding your message to the endurance
listserve - there's tons of information to be found online at
http:/./www.endurance.net and http://aerc.com. I suggest
you read what you can, then send a message to the
listserve at ridecamp@endurance.net - mention where you
live and ask if anyone on the list lives in your area and can
help you. I know there are other people on the list from
Australia - but I don't know what region.

If you could manage to volunteer at an endurance
ride before you try one, you will learn a lot. Plus try to
ride with some experienced endurance people at some
point.

good luck!

Steph Teeter

-----Original Message-----
From: tom hartley [SMTP:hartley@southcom.com.au]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 1997 10:04 PM
To: step@fsr.com
Subject: endurance riding

Hi,
I am Liz and I would like to know more about endurance riding. At pony
Club we have been asked to ride a 40km distance ride. We have been asked
not to exceed 4 hrs in doing so. So I was wondering if you could send me
some hints about preparing the horse and riding that distance.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Liz