Re: how do you do it?

Rebecca Hackworth (bechack@cnsii.com)
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 23:19:59 -0800

At 05:03 PM 1/20/97 -0600, you wrote:
>What kinds of things do you do before leaving home that make setting up
>camp, vetting in and getting stuff ready for the checks easier once you
>arrive at a ride??
>
>I ask because no matter how organized I *think* I am when I leave I always
>seem to in a tizzy Friday afternoon getting stuff together and am usually
>finishing up after the riders meeting....It's not that I forget much -- I
>just seem to have trouble getting all my poop together once I'm there :-)
>
>Tina - tired of running around like a chicken with her head cut off before a
>ride (where did that saying come from, anyway?)
>Tony - please, someone, settle her down
>hickst@nichol.scom

As soon as we get there, the horses come out, and streatch there legs. then
I set up the hay bags. If the ride has been over 4 hours, I give a bran
mash. If we are lucky enough to get there before the vets, we have even
been able to go out for a short ride.

I have a 55 gal barrel in the front of my trailer filled with water. I fill
the water buckets before anything else.

A tack trunk that fits in my camper. After I get there, the trunk goes into
the trailer. I have one of those moveable tack rack, and hang up all of my
bridles, breast collars, etc.

I set up a chair, and sit for 15-30 minutes. After I make sure the horses
are settled in, I go check us in.

Depending on the time it is and the time of the ride meeting, we mill around
and enjoy.

Camp is my camper, one or two tables and a piece of astro turf. In the
summer, I set up a shade canopy. It has proved very useful. If I have more
than one Daughter ( I have 3 that ride with me at times ) We will set up the
new tent. That only takes about 30 minutes.

By then it is time to Vet in. We vet and then feed US.

I used to get more elaborate with camp, but it wasn't worth the set up/down
time.

Becky Hackworth

Would love to hear others ideas.