RE: electrolytes

Flemmer, Linda (LFlemmer@CHKD.com)
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 12:39:23 -0500

Tina,

You wrote:

>One thing I will do this season is bite the bullet and pay for some
>already
>mixed paste syringes (suggestions??) to use during rides - mixing,
>putting in syringes, making sure it doesn't spill everywhere,
>travelling with
>applesauce - too much of a pain.

We have been using Lytes-Now since they first came out. They are highly
soluble electrolytes in a 3 dose syringe. The advertise VERY fast
absorption, which does seem to be true based on the guys' metabolic
response to them. They are also less objectionable than most other
'lytes that we have tried with the horses. My only objection to them is
they are a bit pricey at $2.75-$3.00 per each dose.

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch