Re: Adventures in Digestion (long)

Sarah McIntosh (smcintos@rapidnet.net)
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 05:31:49 GMT

>Date: Sun, 01 Oct 1995 12:00:16
>To: "Susan F. Evans" <suendavid@worldnet.att.net>
>From: Sarah McIntosh <smcintos@rapidnet.net>
>Subject: Re: Adventures in Digestion (long)
>
>At 12:13 PM 1/12/97 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>Anyway, I've used several different brands on the market, as sometimes
>>our supply around here isn't consistent and I've had good results with
>>pretty much all of them. Someone at Kentucky Research told me once that
>>Forco is a different product and doesn't act the same way, but I don't
>>know the details. Whenever I can, I use the Yea-Sacc, just cuz that was
>>the strain that was utilized in all the research, and you know how I
>>love statistics.
>>
>Hi Susan and everyone else on ridecamp!
>
>This is my first post but I have been lurking for several months now, and
have read a lot of the archives. My name is Sarah McIntosh and I live in
the souther part of British Columbia, Canada (that's on the west coast).
I've ridden for years and years and recently have become interested in
comptetitive trail or maybe endurance. I stumbled across you guys on the
net and am very glad I did! I have learned a lot already. I ride a
wonderful 16 year old Appy mare all over our local mountain and flatlands.
She is a great trail horse and we have lots of fun together. enuf about me....

>Susan, thanks for the great info; it is really nice for someone like me to
see a concise summary of this topic (it ties in the gut sounds postings from
about a month ago). Things are starting to come together in my brain. The
part that really caught my eye, is "Yea-Sacc". I am a customer service rep.
at Van Waters & Rogers and we are a vitamin and mineral premix manufacturer.
We sell Yea-Sacc made by Alltech (is this the same as what you are referring
to?) Is Yea-sacc made by more than one company or is this a registered
trade name? We have the Yea-Sacc in 25 kg bags as we are a wholesaler not a
retailer, but is this something I could use on my horse or would it be
unnecessary? (right now we only get out on the weekends (2-4 hours per
outing) and in the summer we go about 5 times a week, anywhere from 2 hours
to 8 hours.

>I have never had any health problems with my horse yet. She gets a mix of
orchard grass and alfalfa, about 4 lbs of 12% protein sweet feed, a little
bit of Horsebooster (made by the co I work for, vitamins and minerals), and
a little bit of Biotin Premix 260 mg/kg (also from the co I work for).
Should I leave well enough alone???? What do you think??