Re: 20 Mule Team Ride

Rebecca Hackworth (bechack@cnsii.com)
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 20:50:08 -0800

At 04:23 PM 1/12/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi! I just never have. Actually thought I might not have it because we
>were the Championship Ride this year and I was worried abut space. We
>needed to keep the LD because of the Triple Crown so we moved the Base Camp
>to Rancho Bahada just below our place. I will probably sanction it next
>year. I guess I'm from the old school that thinks of the LD rides strictly
>as training rides for fun and experience and forget that there are people
>who just enjoy doing the shorter rides for whatever reason. Hope that
>helps. Jackie
>

>Try...new to the sport. Have now hooked 12 other people, all endurance
novices. Have started 3 of my own children to the sport, and 6 horses new
to the sport. Not being able to buy readymade horses, must start from
scratch with all. I beleive in a firm base to work from.

And have you ever tried to RIDE WITH 3 OF YOUR OWN KIDS AT ONCE? LD is
about all I can handle, YET. Look out when we all start riding the
races!!!! Is there a limit on the number of riders for the "Family milage
winners?"

Becky Hackworth
Alpine CA

the one with 9 in our riding party at Warner Springs!