Re: Calcium, Phosphorus, LMF and all that feed

Tommy Crockett (tomydore@goblin.punk.net)
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 08:09:15 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, ROBERT J MORRIS wrote:

> Really folks, back to the basics of good base feed, properly conducted work
> and a mentally prepared rider and you will have a greater success than all
> the formulas can ever produce.

Yeah my old Arab has a few thousand miles on him. Water, electrolytes
during competion, Oat hay in the morning, grain on "normal days" at noon,
grazing on what little grass we have in California everyday for a while,
alfalfa hay in the evening, bran once a week and all he wants at rides.

With my combined training TBs I only add an ounce of red cell a day to
the menu. They won at 3 day on it pretty dang well.

Tommy Crockett <tomydore@goblin.punk.net>
Los Osos, California 93402-2715
"it won't matter what you're saying when
the damage has all been done"
Mary Chapin Carpenter