Re: Sweet feed

Niccolai Murphy (niccom@aerostructures.com)
Thu, 09 Jan 1997 12:12:46 -0800

> Robbi Pruitt wrote:
> > Bonnie - I have tied up endurance horses with several molasses products
> > and no longer feed anything sweet to my endurance horses.
>
> Interesting! I presently feed sweet feed (10%) and wonder if anyone
> else has linked sweet stuff to tying up.
> Robbi - what sort of grain mixture do you feed, how much, etc.?

Mine three get a daily dose. If you look at the nutritional content of
molasses there's plenty of useful stuff in it. I gather the local stores
are starting to sell dry molasses, though I buy the stuff in the 5 gal
tubs still. Haven't been keeping my own horses for very long (3 years)
and am new to the endurance world. The horses are pretty fit and haven't
had any tie up problems.

--
Nicco Murphy  Aerostructures Inc.  F/A-18 Group, San Diego,
(619)545-3333