RE: Possible electrolytes for (human) diabetic

Flemmer, Linda (LFlemmer@CHKD.com)
Fri, 3 Jan 1997 08:22:29 -0500

Bambi,

>You wrote:
>I searched the archives to find the person who had a question about
>fluids for electrolyte replacement in diabetics, and found all of
>December's archives missing...???
It was me that asked!

>Anyway, I thought that Pedialyte (an electrolye maintenance solution
>for
>infants) might work. I dont know how much "sugars" you can have, if
>any, but here's how it compares to some sport drinks:
> Pedialyte - 6.25 g dextrose / 8 oz
> Recharge - 17 g sugars / 8 oz
> Gatoraid - 14 g sugars /8 oz

That's within my "budget" if I'm exercising (is sitting on a horse for
50 miles really exercise? my doctor asks). I know that it comes in
different flavors, too. What a GREAT idea. I'd never have thought of
pedialyte for a grown up. THANKS!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Chesapeake, VA