Subject: SS Saddles/girths +
Author: ridecamp@endurance.net at smtp
Date: 12/21/96 10:17 AM

Ruth wrote in part:

I have OF saddles, and a friend has a SS. She rode one of my horses in
two competitive trail rides, plus numerous conditioning rides, with her
SS. The girth that came with that saddle caused horrible girth
rubs/galls the first long ride, so we switched girths to an OF girth and
had no problems after that. Didn't have any back problems, either, with
this saddle. That's the only girth that's ever adversely effected this
horse, who is a 3/4 Arab and is not "thin-skinned" like some. We get
along fine with the OF girths.