posting too high in saddle

Allen Xrealname Linda Eisele (linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us)
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 22:20:26 -0800 (PST)

At 06:21 PM 12/13/96 +0000, Janet Evans wrote:
> Hi Diane,
>
> If your horse is comfy, you're comfy, why not reconsider using it
> for the trail. You say you can't get out of the seat, but you
> should remember anyway that most riders rise too far anyway, a
> small easing out of the saddle is all that's necessary,if you
> modify your style I bet you'll find the new rising trot much less
> tiring for yourself.
>
> My old endurance horse had a really bouncy trot, I'd never realised
> until I got my youngster, its like comparing a sailing dingy to the
> QE2 on rough seas, rising trot on my youngster is just so easy in
> this modified form,much less tiring, where as I had no choice with
> my old horse, I was jet propelled out of the saddle by his gait.
>
> Regards
>
> Jan

Jan, or anyone on the list that may be able to help me, concerning the
above I'm guilty of. I have trouble with posting in that I raise out of the
saddle too high. I look like I'm being shot out of a cannon. My horse
isn't the smoothest to ride and I know it is probably due to the way I ride
but I would like to know first, if saddles style can influence this and how
I can develop a small light rise to my post.
Can someone suggest some exerises that will help my or have advice about
what I may be doing wrong in the way I ride to cause high posting. I ride
centered with, I feel, good heel hip alignment. I have an OF patriot but am
riding now in a SS which I find I don't rise quite as high in.
Guys, you can critize and say what ever about what I may be doing wrong. I
won't mind as I want to learn how better to improve my riding. Linda

Here's lookin back atya.......()()
Linda Eisele & Sareei and ('')\
hubby, Allen and the General (* *)\\_______~~~~~~~
linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us ( )