Re: cash prizes for aerc events?

Kathy Myers (kmyers@BioData.com)
Thu, 05 Dec 1996 09:00:39 -0800

Klc5355@aol.com wrote:
(Dear Klc5355@aol.com: Please sign your posts so
the rest of us can get to know you better. Thanks!)

> [... snip!]
> It would take away a great deal of
> the willingness of the older and top riders to
> encourage the new riders, as
> they would be new competition. People would keep
> all the little trade secrets
> they have learned, rather than share with the new
> comers to the sport. This
> would seriously discourage new comers [snip! ...]

What, you mean like NATRC? ;-)

I too agree that money will cause the demise of the
sport and horses. Sandy, you can add my post to your
stack. Keep the cash prizes out. It can only mean
trouble. First accross the finish line winning the
most money, especially enough money to cause blindness,
is in direct conflict with "To Finish is to Win".

:) - kat
In No Cal with Magnum the TB
"Magnum, you are an ex-racer... not Racer X!"