Re: travel documents

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Tue, 03 Dec 1996 17:52:46 +0500

I don't get one if I am moving my own horses to different places like my
mom's or something. BUt I will get one on them if I have other horses come
to my place or if I take mine to anywhere that is private or not if it is
somewhere else's facility/ride/show. Can't hurt.
We did have a case of EIA down here two years ago, but we dont know where
the horse had picked it up, an d no other horses with this one caught it...
Shah was with them and was tested atleast 3-r4 times since then. Smae with
my old pony. I had to get my entire herd tested just in case. NO one else
was positive. It was a shame becasue the horse htat had it was a friends'
pet and companion for 20+ years. HE made the right decision to put he horse
down however. I don't know if I could have. I might have isolated it.
Horse was in perfectly good condition.
Gwen

At 05:09 PM 12/3/96 -0500, you wrote:
>At 01:50 PM 12/3/96 EDT, you wrote:
>
>>To clarify what documents are required, is different documentation required
>>for a native of a particular state than for someone from out of state? For
>>example, I know I need a Coggins to go from California to Nevada but I don't
>>need one to travel in California, do I?
>>
>>Carol (confused in California)
>>

>i thought you needed coggins to travel ANYWHERE!?!?!?! and as for
>time...not sure to tell you the truth. i would have mine at least current
>within 12 months.
>
>mary and one smart poky dot
><3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
>
>Look for Heather Moore's novel...... SURRENDER TO LOVE........ an October
>1996 Zebra Lovegram release from Kensington Publishers. You can find it at
>http://www.amazon.com.

Gwen Dluehosh
Desert Storm Arabians
1156 Hightop Rd, #89