Re: MONEY PRIZES: COSEQUIN CHALLENGE

DreamWeaver (karen@chaton.gardnerville.nv.us)
Tue, 03 Dec 1996 11:52:30 -0800

At 02:41 PM 12/3/96 -0500, you wrote:
>At Kiwanis ride..to win trailer did you have to win ride or just complete to
>be eligable for drawing??? That makes a BIG difference.

You had to COMPLETE only to be in the drawing. Only way to get in the
drawing was to complete and have a horse judged "FIT TO CONTINUE". All the
prizes were given away by drawing, and to prove that to finish is to win -
most of the people winning the best prizes were not even in the top ten!!

If the requirement to win the trailer would have been to win the race, then
I would certainly have not come in first place - I would have been too
afraid of what I might do to my horse to get into a horse race where people
cared more about winning something than completing. It seems that people
already care too much about winning, there were riders at this ride that did
care more about placing than about their horses, I hate to see that.
Getting a good vet score, completing with a sound horse that can go to the
next ride and having fun should all be what counts the most.

Happy Trails,

Karen
in Gardnerville
& Weaver