Re: cash prizes for aerc events?

Karren S. Beason (kbeason@mail.orion.org)
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 21:11:19 -0600 (CST)

But then again, who decided who is a professional?????If AHSA rules are
used this decision could make lots of folks unhappy. This is a very
unpalatable can of worms the sport of endurance riding can do without.
The rules that govern flat track racing are for that sport. I was at
Catoosa, one of those AERC members who left and went elsewhere. Believe
me, if people over-ride for a blanket, halter, hoof-pick or buckle, as
the stakes get higher, it seems to me the principles get lower. AERC
had a lawsuit over a year-end award. I would hate to see dues get higher
to pay for slips at a high dollar ride. I usually lurk, but oh my !!!

spec ed
kbeason@mail.orion.org
Karren Beason
Willard, Mo usa