Re: forging & squaring of hind hooves...

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:59:53 +0500

COUld you tell us what your actual conditioning schedule is?
Not all farriers are doing everything wrong! If she is conditioned to do at
least 25 miles a week and is still having these problems then I might be
incline d to look into it- but when did it start, how long has it been going
on? My horse does this when I take him to a ride and don't hav ehim quite
ready- except he pulls his adductor muscles. I have had horses with squared
toes and not had a problem- how severely is he squaring them back? IE how
much hoof wall is left around the edge before he shoes the horse? If you
have a good 1/8" then it should probably be all right....
Other comments?
Gwen

Gwen Dluehosh
Desert Storm Arabians