bread

Gwen Dluehosh (dluehosh@vt.edu)
Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:43:57 +0500

I don't think it would be bad unless it was ALL they were getting. I had a
person boarder here and this woman only fed her cats bread- I got so mad
that I offered to buy the cat food if she'd feed the cats. It worked ok for
a while, then she took off an took my cat with her!
UGH. Anyway, they seemed to be using it as a treat in France, not hte mainstay.
Gwen
At 01:46 PM 11/26/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
> Gwen mentioned wheat being bad for horses and that in France they
>feed horses the end of their baguettes.
> A friend of mine who has 15-20 horses at any one time (mostly
>Arabians) claims that in Germany they feed their horses bread. So, guess
>what? She buys tons of loaves of bread at the day old store and feeds
>them to her horses. I have no idea if this is bad or good, but nobody
>has died yet (at least that I'm aware of). Also, I don't mean to
>exaggerate. I don't believe she feeds bread exclusively - they get hay
>and grain too. I don't know what her exact feeding schedule is, but she
>does feed bread.
> Dianna Arnett

Gwen Dluehosh
Desert Storm Arabians