Re: bran mashesridecamp@endurance.net

Allen Xrealname Linda Eisele (linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us)
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 20:52:20 -0800 (PST)

At 05:51 PM 11/25/96 PST, Joyce Kellenberger wrote:

>> In a message dated 96-11-25 16:18:51 EST, you write:
>>
>> << I had asked this before and never got a reply but since we are on the
>> topic
>> of mashes I thought I' try again. If wheat bran effects calcium
>> absorption does rice bran also have the same effect. Would rice bran be
>> better as far calcium is concerned? How are these two brans different?
>>
>> Here's lookin back atya.......()()
>> Linda Eisele & Sareei and ('')\ >>
>>
>> Don't know. anyboduy?
>>
>> ti
>>

>As far as I know, there is basically no nutritive value to wheat bran but
>a lot of nutritive value in rice bran. Comparing the labels anyway.
>
>I'd like to comment here on an observation: the research I've been doing on
>tying up lately tells me that excess calcium loss is a cause of tying up. If
>this is so, then feeding high quantities of wheat bran mashes at endurance
>rides would be asking for trouble since wheat bran prohibits calcium
absorbtion.

>I would be curious to know if any of you who have tying up problems also feed
>bran mash on a regular basis?
>
>Joyce

Yes, Joyce, this is my concern also and the reason for my questions
regarding rice bran vs wheat and especially if rice bran does effect ca
absorption the way wheat bran does. Anyone know????????
Here's lookin back atya.......()()
Linda Eisele & Sareei and ('')\
hubby, Allen and the General (* *)\\_______~~~~~~~
linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us ( )