Re: V-Max HRM question

VMAXEPT@aol.com
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 01:36:24 -0500

In a message dated 96-11-20 12:38:10 EST, ridecamp@endurance.net writes:
From: linda_cowles@MENTORG.COM
<< This info about the V-Max has me thinking, do they have replacable
batteries
in both components? If so, I may buy one for the horses, and buy a separate
human Polar transmitter (or try and replace the battery myself!) for me.

IF you have a REAL V-MAX EHRm then BOTH parts have a battery.
Remember-- POLAR DOES NOT make EQUINE HRMS,
Companies like us , EPT make the monitor .. using componets from who ever we
want..as long as it works.
V-MAX is a registured trade mark of Equine Performance Technology (EXPT INC)

The V-MAX has NEVER use the POLAR 'belt' or one piece transmitter. We DI TRY
it in OUR HEARTBELT(TM) but it was not the best ..
One reason is: it plain does not work reliabliy.. VERY unstable..depends on
the shape of the horse and it must be VERY TIGHT... AND

IT IS NOT REPAIRABLE AND IT COSTS $60 to replace.. AND it goes dead
fast.. depending how it is stored. Some die in 6 months..

SO WHY would I want to buy a throw away unit that will surely cost me more in
a year or two...?
Thus WE at EPT dont sell it..

Changing the batteries in the POLAR units is not all that easy. We can do it
and stand behind the work. Some Radio Shacks really messed up some units.
We do it for a fee of $18, includes shipping.

Of course our new non polar based V-MAX Monitors dont have these problems,
YOU can change the batteries in the watch and transmitter.. no problem.

Roger
VMAXEPT

RReceived: (from majordom@localhost) by fsr.com (8.8.2/8.7.3) id XAA12986; Thu, 21 Nov 1996 23:12:39 -0800 (PST)
From: BULTE@INFO.FORASOL.atlas.fr
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 08:14:06 +0100
X400-Originator: BULTE@INFO.FORASOL.atlas.fr
X400-Recipients: non-disclosure:;
X400-MTS-Identifier: [/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/;XR1/22/11/2671515]
X400-Content-Type: P2-1984 (2)