Re: people clothes

Linda Flemmer (CVLNURS@CHKD-7.evms.edu)
Thu, 07 Nov 1996 12:07:29 -0500 (EST)

Susan,

You wrote:
> I, too, really like the Ariat half chaps. They are everything Alice says
> they are. I am curious as to why I haven't seen more endurance riders using
> them? Anybody have comments?

I do not use the Ariat 1/2 chaps because fo the suede on the inner
leg. My 1/2 chaps become FILTHY as I use them, but since they are
smooth finished leather, I can clean them w/ saddle soap. (We're
talking mud, horse sweat & grime, et.)

I was afraid I wouldn't be able to clean the Ariats. I did like their fit,
though. The zipper is a nifty idea, but mine velcro & I've never had
any problems w/ them coming loose.

Linda Flemmer
ABF Challenger ("Rocket") & Eternal Point ("Major")
Blue Wolf Ranch Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

"In case of emergency - Fur side up, steel side down!"