Re: need more stuff - A CURE!!

Rebecca Hackworth (bechack@cnsii.com)
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 22:34:54 -0800

At 09:33 AM 11/6/96 -0800, you wrote:

>There is a cure for the "need more stuff" syndrome. Spend the money you
>would have spent on stuff on riding lessons with someone who emphasizes
>the horse and your relationship with it.
>
>After that, the need for stuff just fades away as it pales into
>insignificance while you ride your horse in nothing but a halter and a
>lead rope, and you realize that the less "stuff" between you and your
>horse, the better.
>
>This from the person who had nothing but a halter, a lead rope, a
>bridle, and a dandy brush for the first six months of horse
>ownership...until she finally broke down and bought a used saddle. I
>still ride in that same saddle and that same bridle (although I have
>replaced the reins a number of times as he has a tendency to chew them).
>
>kat
>Orange County, Calif.

Oh yeah, sure. But what about...shoes, socks, new cookstove, new tent for
the extra kids I am now bringing. Then there are the sleeping bags to
replace, the air mattresses to replace, a bigger better porta potty. How
about a real camping lantern.....

See, it doesn't need to be for the horse at all to be stuck in this syndrome!!!!