Re: Sport Saddle Alert

Jude Hall (Hall@CC.DENISON.EDU)
Tue, 05 Nov 1996 09:41:31 -0500 (EST)

Diane Nelson wrote:

>The "saddle lady" is about ready to resume the database. I have been
>receiving numerous reports of broken pommel trees in Sport Saddles. You
>can tell if the tree is broken by grasping each side and rotating back
>and forth--you will feel the tree "give" and flex.
>
>The bad news is that the company has been, shall we say "reticent", about
>correcting manufacturing errors.

Snip snip

Really? I'm curious why no one has "reported"
this to the list? How many are numerous?
How do the people think the pommel tree
was broken?

More info? I too am planning to order a
second, being totally happy with the first
(I have the "newer" type with the fleece
bottom which doesn't seem narrow at all to
me). I'm just trying to figure out how
the tree section would break....

Snip snip

>I also was just on the verge of ordering yet another one (and with a full
>committment this time to learning to like the "wide twist") but will not
>waste my time and money on a product with questionable quality.

I'm not trying to be negative here, but
more info would be helpful before
condemning this saddle...

Jude Hall