Re: various

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 23:17:39 -0500

Isn't Shawnee awesome? I went recently just to ride with friends. My mare,
not much trail experience, did fine. She was very tired the next day though
from all the hills, but she did have good recoveries. Where did you all
camp? When we went it was to camp 34. I'd like to go again, but will have
to wait b/c my mare is pregos. I really worried I'd worked her to hard and
she'd lose her foal.

In CTR or endurance how long do you all work your prego horses and/or
compete. This was assuming they were ing good shape to start with. I don't
have a good reference and with dresage people I get answers from shouldnt'be
ridden at all, to ride them till the drop the baby and start riding the next
day.

Did you have any trouble pulling in the forest. My poor little f150 with
300 engine just about didn't make it in and out.

If your feed doesn't have enough fat, I personally like rice bran as a
supplement. Hannah doesn't like oil much on her sweet feed and corn. Rice
bran is easily stored and fed and doesn't go bad.
alice
At 05:01 PM 10/14/96 CDT, you wrote:
> Hi all, Just catching up on 7 vol.ridecamp.Went to the Shawnee Heritage
>Rides in So.Ill.The scenery was awesome.We completed the 1st day but Racer cut
>his foot and was too sore for days 2&3.Glad I entered each day seperate.Hope to
>tomorrow.The trailers we build can accomodate the tall Dodges.Rolled over 20
>thou last weekend on ours.It is auto. trans.
>About feeding Athlete.I never used Rice bran, don't know how it compares. I
>feed Athlete CAUTIOUSLY.Just a handful to keep Racers system used to it. More
>on the days I work him hard.I think it has increased his energy level,
>especially on 100's.I like being able to change the level of fat without much
>change in feed volume.Oil is messy & gets rancid if bought in volume.Nancy.

Alice and Shawn Steinke and Willie (for BP)in
Kentucky (Also Lacie, the honorary dachs, Sandy
the cocker and Turbo{get the Kittie}
Kittie, Willie's personal secretary)
Stand aside you other candidates.
GET A NEW LEASH ON LIFE--WIN WITH ROMMEL AND WILLIE
Chester and Hannah, the wonderful warmbloods