Re: Riding Rained On Horse Harmful To Horse???

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 23:17:15 -0500

Wouldn't this be the same as riding a horse that had sweated under his
blanket and then was ridden continually? I don't know why starting out wet
would make any difference.
alice
At 08:45 PM 10/18/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Today at work a few coworkers got into a discussion about whether it
>would be harmful to ride the horse who's been out in the rain and has
>a wet back. One person said it would sore the horse's back; don't do it.
>The other said he'd just brush him off to get rid of excess moisture and
>go riding as usual. It got me wondering about long distance riders who
>*must* end up out in the rain at some rides..... so does putting saddle
>and pad on a wet horse cause any problems or rubbing or anything? I can't
>say as I've ever ridden a horse that STARTED OUT wet.
>Celenia
>wencel@foothill.net

Alice and Shawn Steinke and Willie (for BP)in
Kentucky (Also Lacie, the honorary dachs, Sandy
the cocker and Turbo{get the Kittie}
Kittie, Willie's personal secretary)
Stand aside you other candidates.
GET A NEW LEASH ON LIFE--WIN WITH ROMMEL AND WILLIE
Chester and Hannah, the wonderful warmbloods