width of SS

Allen Xrealname Linda Eisele (linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us)
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 13:20:46 -0700 (PDT)

I anxiously await my SS and in the meantime have read other posts on the
saddle. Last, the one regarding the tree in front of the SS and its width.
I decided to ask Genie Stewart Spears regarding this and she asked I post
this for her to help with any questions.
>From: HorseWorks@aol.com
>Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 13:28:08 -0400
>To: linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us
>Subject: Re: SS
>
>Linda,
>
>If you would like to pass this info on to the endurance list, please do.
>
>To my knowledge - and frequent hands-on at the shop - the Sports Saddle tree
>width nor material has changed (except they went from lycra to aleather seat
>covering) since I became involved with the company in 1990. The tree width
>is based on a Quarter Horse tree. The tree itself is made of wood - always
>has been.
>
>Sometimes high-withered Arabians poise a problem in fitting with the Sports
>Saddle. However, if the saddle is "peaked for high-withers" when ordered, in
>most cases that solves the problem. The difficulty comes when the horse is
>high-withered and narrowed-shouldered. The shop has made custom trees for
>several Arabs build this way. This custom tree work requires the horse be
>brought to the shop at least once - sometimes as much as three times - before
>the saddle can be made. Obviously, not many riders can take that kind of
>time and effort.
>
>I haven't run across a problem fitting low-withered animals. As a matter of
>fact, the saddle is quite popular in the mule industry because it does fit
>low-withered (mutton withered) critters so well.
>
>Because the trees - the pommel and cantle - are not connected, and the
>connecting material is flexible, the tree "walks" with the horse. It frees
>the horse's shoulders and frequently the stride is lengthened as a result.
>
>I hope this information is helpful. Although I dropped off the endurance
>list temporarily because I had too much to do and not enough time, if anyone
>has specific questions or problems feel free to email personally. Otherwise,
>I'll be back on the list in 2 to 4 weeks.
>
>Genie Stewart-Spears
>Horse Works
>Distributor for the Endurance Sports Saddle
>(502) 443-1505 Office Hours 9-5 Central Time; Mon-Fri (unless I'm out riding)

Here's lookin back atya.......()()
Linda Eisele & Sareei and ('')\
hubby, Allen and the General (* *)\\_______~~~~~~
linda@ghostridr.reno.nv.us ( )