Re: Imagine a ride where....<story-long>

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 02:46:03 -0500

Okay, I'm going to show my ignorance. If this is fantasy. What really happens?
alice

At 03:13 PM 10/14/96 -0700, you wrote:
>When you drive up to the entrance of ride camp you are greeted with an offer
>of a cold soda and a map of the ride camp, then directed where to park.
>There are acres of parking available in a mowed down hay field, so you pick
>your spot and set up camp. Then when you go to check in you are given a
>bucket filled with goodies. Inside this bucket you find a water bottle, a
>Murphy's Law Calendar, two syringes of electrolytes, two trail bars, some
>candy, a coffee mug with the ride logo on it, another mug in the shape of a
>boot, a deck of cards, a pen, magnet and other stuff. :)
>
>You attend the dinner Friday night (yes, FRIDAY!), and are given a choice
>between hamburgers, cheeseburgers or hot dogs. Everything is included, cold
>drinks, bottled water, beer, wine, coffee, and desert. mmmmmm So you eat
>until you (almost) colic, stay for the ride meeting and then head off to
>sleep. You are awakened the next morning at 5 a.m. with a couple of people
>in a jeep driving around serving coffee and danishes to everybody in camp.
>If you want the more deluxe version you can walk up to the large barn and
>have your choice of coffee, juice, milk, danishes, bananas or donuts.
>
>Then the ride starts at 7 a.m. You go thru some beautiful country along the
>way. Pass thru the first trot by feeling great - it's going to be a
>wonderful day! Then you head up the mountain to do a 4500 foot elevation
>gain. All along the way there are cute little signs telling you what is
>ahead on the trail :). Talk about scenery, there are gorgeous views in every
>direction! Then you walk your horse into the vet check and you are happy
>because he vets in with a pulse rate of 36 and is happy to eat and drink.
>There is a table filled with snacks - bananas, cookies, apples and more,
>plus ice chests filled with bottled water and sodas. Since this is
>imaginary I won't mention that part about getting locked in the out-house
><g>. You then head back to ride camp, enjoying quite the roller coaster
>ride to get back along the way! Your horse meanwhile is drinking at every
>opportunity and feels great. As soon as you arrive in camp you P&R and then
>vet right thru, so that your horse can enjoy most of a full hour of rest,
>knowing that there are only 15 miles left to go. While you are eating lunch
>you notice how nicely your horse is eating and drinking and are quite happy
>about that. You also realize how well organized everything is, with clocks
>on ladders at every stop so you always know the time, signs showing where to
>go, what to expect and plenty of volunteers to help you. You even notice a
>truck and trailer parked at the vet check out on the trail, just in case
>somebody might need it.
>
>You leave from the lunch stop, and head out on the last loop. Your horse
>takes every opportunity to drink along the way, and is grabbing bites of
>grass whenever he can. You arrive at a radio check up on the ridge, and
> [...]
Alice and Shawn Steinke and Willie (for BP)in
Kentucky (Also Lacie, the honorary dachs, Sandy
the cocker and Turbo{get the Kittie}
Kittie, Willie's personal secretary)
Stand aside you other candidates.
GET A NEW LEASH ON LIFE--WIN WITH ROMMEL AND WILLIE
Chester and Hannah, the wonderful warmbloods