Re: SS?

Alice Steinke (alicest@hcc-uky.campus.mci.net)
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 02:46:30 -0500

Enjoy your saddle. I love mine. Wish I had fleece on the bottom. I used to
use a western blanket/rug type pad, but now I ahve a liner with a open cell
foam pad that I bought at equitana on sale the last day. I've never had
troube with it either way, but the pad does seem like I ahve a little more
suspension above the horse and it's got to be more comfortable on an all day
ride.
alice

At 03:19 PM 10/18/96 EST, you wrote:
> Well my Sport Saddle just arrived last night! Of course I immediately
> took it to the barn. I've been using a friends saddle so I was
> suprised to see that this new saddle appears to be narrower at the
> front forks than the older ones. It has a fleece bottom that the older
> ones don't have and perhaps that is the reason it looks narrower but I
> can see that the front of the saddle actually sits higher above my
> horses non-existant withers. I was very worried that after all this
> waiting the saddle would be too narrow. I went ahead and rode in it
> and it didn't seem to bother Finn or cause dry spots on him but I used
> a thinner type pad. As most of us ride Arabs with wide, wide backs it
> just doesn't make sense to narrow this saddle down. I'll have to try
> it for a while to be sure though. I believe there's a 30 day
> money-back guarrantee from Horse Works. I wasn't told when I ordered
> the saddle wether there was more than one width available. I know this
> is basicly a "treeless" saddle but the forks at the front of the
> saddle are rigid. Didn't someone just advertise a used sport saddle
> that was too narrow for their horse?
>
> It was a very good fit for me. The one I've been riding in was a
> little too big. I'll be trying it on a longer ride tomorrow.
>
> Bonnie Snodgrass

Alice and Shawn Steinke and Willie (for BP)in
Kentucky (Also Lacie, the honorary dachs, Sandy
the cocker and Turbo{get the Kittie}
Kittie, Willie's personal secretary)
Stand aside you other candidates.
GET A NEW LEASH ON LIFE--WIN WITH ROMMEL AND WILLIE
Chester and Hannah, the wonderful warmbloods