Re: gloves-cold in AL??

Dinah (dinah@vermontel.com)
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 19:20:20 -0400

At 02:33 PM 10/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
>okay - I need the dirt on riding gloves
>Ones where you can feel the reins? Ones where your fingers don't go numb
>from the cold?? I only wear gloves when it's cold so I'd really like to
>find some that work!

Dear Tina
I will try not to tease you too hard, but you have cold hands in Alabama!
Now cold hands in Vermont (or Alaska) I can understand ;-).
Here are some glove thoughts from the frigid north (and yes we DO ride all
winter- even when it is 5 degrees above).
1) Mittens are warmer than gloves. There are some excellent riding mittens
with a separated pinkie.
2) Too big is much warmer than too small.
3)Wiggle your fingers all the time to keep circulation speeding along.
4) Don't ever wear gloves that are so warm your hands sweat. When your hands
get wet and cold there is no solution other than going inside.
Pretty silly advise, huh ?
Neumanns are pricey gloves, but their winter ones a decent.
Dinah