ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Equithotics (sneakers) wear

Re: [endurance] Equithotics (sneakers) wear

Tina Hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 14:10:19 -0500

At 9:42 AM 8/12/96, Nick Warhol wrote:
>Tina just mentioned she tried the new Equithotics shoes, and was wondering
>about wear.

what about adjustment time for the horse? This may not apply to you Nick
since you haven't done rear ones yet but I rode Embers this weekend (he has
them all the way around) on a conditioning ride in some hills and rocks and
noticed his back feet "rolling" (for lack of a better term) more than usual
which is just every now and then - you know, kinda like tripping with
their hind feet. I'm wondering if this is just an adjustment thing or if
something else is going on with the E.

Warning - if you have rubber on your trailer ramp and it is wet at all
(from poop or whatever) when the horse comes off the E. are very slippery
on it - Embers finished unloading on his knees Saturday :-<- never had that
happen with steel shoes....

Tina and Twinkle Toes....

Tina Hicks
Proposal Writer/Coordinator, Annual Report
Nichols Research Corporation
205/883-1140, x1584
Huntsville, AL
hickst@nichols.com