ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: [endurance] Words of warning

Re: [endurance] Words of warning

Tina Hicks (hickst@puzzler.nichols.com)
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 07:46:54 -0500

At 9:56 AM 8/10/96, Jean Ragland wrote:
>Two items: Equithonics or Sneakers are indeed wonderful for non-slipping
>and I saw them on Valerie's horse Cash at Equitana. Tina Hicks raved about
>them. My farrier knows the guy who invented them, we are all in N.
>California, but he warns against continued use on some horses. The natural
>way is for the horse's foot to slide a small amount, when it doesn't there
>is the danger of ringbone and other concussion problems to the bones of the
>foot and leg.
=====================
oh crud - you mean they aren't the solution to all of our ills as the
literature implies?? <vbg> what you are saying certainly makes sense...

Roger R. - are you out there listening? What do you think since you have
used these now for a few years?

Tina Hicks
Proposal Writer/Coordinator, Annual Report
Nichols Research Corporation
205/883-1140, x1584
Huntsville, AL
hickst@nichols.com